Mar 26, 2012

March's "It's a Sketchy Challenge"

Spring break has started here, and since we aren't traveling one place or another to see family, I have some time to play in my scrap room.  Although time evaporates way faster than I think it should, I have lots of scrappy plans for the week.  In between playing with my family, getting together with friends and dance festivals of course...

First on my list was to play with Jill Sarginson's yummy March sketch over at Canadian Scrapbooker Magazine's "It's a Sketchy Challenge".  Take a peek at the sketch:

I loved the banners, but using so many photos is outside of my comfort zone.  Of course, that makes it good to go there! I actually had more pictures printed but didn't use them all.  Baby steps... I think I have a hard time covering up beautiful paper, even with my beautiful daughter's face!


I used Fancy Pant's Childish Things line for this layout, including the letters, trim and glitter cuts.  The flowers are from Prima and the cardstock is Coredinations- a line they put out with Fancy Pants. It went perfectly and added some great texture to the background.  I made me think of the promise of spring flowers emerging from the mud left after the melt...


I used up some scraps to make this baby girl card. It kind of looks like I used the sketch, but was more like a card I loved and pinned on Pintrest.  I actually pinned the same style of card a few times, so I figured I should make a banner card pronto to get it out of my system!!

Did you create with this sketch? I will be watching for you on the CS sketch page, or send me a link in the comments if you also post to a gallery or blog so I am sure not to miss it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You really want to make me smile? Add a comment!