Sep 17, 2011

Namaste

A few posts ago, I showed you the September Sketch for Canadian Scrapbooker's new "It's a Sketchy Challenge", and now I have my finished creation to show you.  This layout will actually be a gift for the facilitator for the yoga retreat I went to at the end of August- a little something to thank her for her leadership.  It is a very straightforward interpretation, but the sketch fit my layout needs perfectly with the number of photos I wanted to use.

Supplies used: Basic Grey paper, stickers and brads; Making Memories, Maya Road and Prima flowers; Martha Stewart punch; Prism cardstock; Harmonie acrylic shape; Zva Creatives bling; Clearsnap and Ranger inks and mediums; American Crafts letters and journalling pen.

A little detail shot of that cute little acrylic butterfly!

Love my new punch!!  So fun!

So into a frame this will go, and then get sent off to Newfoundland:0)  

By the way, I had to google 'Namaste' to see what it actually means.  I already had it stuck down as the title when I got curious; I had a moment of panic where I feared it didn't mean what I hoped it meant.  I learned that 'Namaste' has many meanings, mostly as a respectful greeting or as a wish-you-well-goodbye.  But my favourite translation was 'the divine in me bows to the divine in you'.  I like that.

Namaste.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Jayme! LOVE how you used the punch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome thank you gift! I too, love the last translation of 'namaste'!

    ReplyDelete

You really want to make me smile? Add a comment!