Aug 29, 2011

Door Hangers (complete with story)

Last June, one of the kids that I worked with and his mom were in a meeting with the principal at our school.  At some point he went up to the principal and said, "You are like a princess!  And a principal.  You are a princess-ipal!!!"  Of course, this was shared with some delight through the school, and so it came a few days later that the vice-principal asked our little guy, "So, if Mrs. W. is a princess-pal, what does that make me?"  Without missing a beat little guy replies. "You are a cannibal!!!"

So for a fun surprise I decided that they would need new name tags on their office doors to celebrate their new titles!
This sign uses Basic Grey "Sweet Threads" papers, which are just so yummy!  And of course a little Maya Road goodness as the base of the crown.

I don't very often get to play boy-boy in my scrappy space, so I was a bit challenged by this new territory.  I ended up having lots of fun!  The papers and some alphas are from Simple Stories "Destinations".  I don't know that much about cannibals, so it ended up being kind of pirate-y.  It was Mark's idea to add the little top knot of hair in Scully-Dude and Avery's to add the freaky vial of blood dangling off the bottom. Both those bits are Tim Holtz products.

I hope they get a laugh out of this little surprise:0) We will make deliveries today.  

And for the record, Mr. S. is a soft-spoken teddy bear of a man.  I know of no occasion where the VP has eaten any children- good, bad or in between!

Happy Monday, y'all!



No comments:

Post a Comment

You really want to make me smile? Add a comment!