Aug 11, 2011

Some scrappy things to share!

Renos are pretty much at a close around here, Mark took our daughter and niece swimming this afternoon and so I found myself with a few hours to play!  I decided to check out one of my favourite sketch sites for ideas to get me going, and found a perfect starting place.  Twisted Sketches posted this sketch, with the 'twist' of tiny- any way, anyhow!  I went looking for some photos to play with and came across some old 4x12 pictures from a disposable camera that we took with us on our first Mexico vacation.  Love the way 'Tiny Taste of Heaven' came together!!  Thanks to the Twisted Sisters for such great inspiration!  If you want to see any of the images larger, just click on them!
This layout uses Webster's Pages and Simple Stories paper and alpha stickers, some Prima and Zva Creatives bling, a 7 Gypsies paper clip, Pink Paislee wood shape and some Ranger Perfect Pearls spray (which doesn't show in the picture, but added a nice shimmer to the background paper).

The remaining layouts are from a crop I went to in February, but have never gotten around to photographing and posting.  So here they are now:

These are some pictures from one of our treks this Christmas in Mexico- repelling into a cenote!  I think I used MME paper and trims, Glitz designs ephemera, Jillybean Soup letter, and Zva bling.  Oh! And some super old Making Memories metal letters. 'Life is a verb'! Oh yeah!

 This layout uses K & Co papers, Harmonie, American Crafts and Prima letters, Heidi Swapp chipboard, fontwerks stickers, and a beautiful crocheted flower made by my friend Carla.  This layout was published in Canadian Scrapbooker Magazine in the summer 2011 issue. How cute was I?

 This layout uses Glitz Designs and The Girl's Paperie papers, Zva bling, Best Creations covered cork embellies, and letters from Basic Grey, Pink Paislee, Sassafrass, Heidi Swapp, Rose Moka and Girl's Paperie. This is one of my favourite layouts ev-ah!  Even had to do the trendy banner thing:0) Mark took this awesome picture of me!

And this layout uses Cosmo Cricket papers and chipboard, Basic Grey letters and bling, Magenta stickers, Prima Bling and trim, Glitz Designs ephemera.  When I got home from the crop Mark informed me that my aunt and uncle did not dance to Randy Travis' song, but rather an Anne Murray song.  Well, they could have danced to 'Forever and Ever' and because I believed it to be so, I got to use that rockin' ampersand from Basic Grey!

Thanks for looking!


4 comments:

  1. Love your take on our sketch this week Jayme x
    The photo really draws you in.

    Sheena x
    Twisted Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you have used the large photos. Glad you enjoyed taking part with the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great take on this weeks sketch. Love all your details - great job :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you interpreted the Twisted Sketch and your take on the twist "tiny"! It turned out fabulous! Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete

You really want to make me smile? Add a comment!