Oct 10, 2011

Gratitude

Today I am thankful for....

You. And you.  And you!  I am richly blessed with a wonderful circle of family and friends.  Thank-you for being lights in my life.  For supporting me.  For challenging me to grow and learn and be my best self.

My body.  It allows me to climb mountains. And downward dog. And comfort with hugs. And be creative.  And give a nap spot for purring cats. And feel sunshine or rain, smell flowers- physically appreciate the fullness of life.

My lifestyle.  I have everything I need.  I get some of what I want.  And I have the ability to share with those that may not.  I like that our family has to make choices on how we spend our money. I am grateful that priorities lead us to family activities and extra-curricular enrichment for Avery rather than toys and electronics that keep us separate and insular (although we certainly enjoy a little of that too).

This beautiful fall!  Every drop of sunshine is golden delight to me!

My spirit.  I am grateful that I live in a time and place where I can explore the connectedness of every living thing, how to live in balance and harmony with others and our earth and be given opportunities to grow as a human being. And I can do so with freedom, without oppression in whatever avenue speaks to me.  In fact, I can travel several avenues at once! What an abundance of opportunity!!

Work.  My two jobs offer me an interesting outlet for my creativity, opportunities to make a small difference in the world, an invitation to playfulness and bring many wonderful people into my life.

Panning for 'jewels' at Prairie Gardens!

Avery almost went into the haunted house this year.  Three steps is better than none:0)

Climbing haybales=itchy underwear.  Now you know.


Happy Thanksgiving.




1 comment:

  1. Ah Jayme...love your little Ditty...and so true.
    You and your family look so rich and healthy.
    Happy thanksgiving.
    connie paxman

    ReplyDelete

You really want to make me smile? Add a comment!